Camp Update March 11
Training Camp Notes:
- DEFENDERS (4): Leigh Ann Robinson, Kassey Kallman, Nia Williams, Nikki Phillips, Shelina Zadorsky
MIDFIELDERS (9): Jen Buczkowski, Merritt Mathias, Erika Tymrak, Mandy Laddish, Jenna Richmond, Maegan Kelly, Molly Dreska, Stephanie Thompson, Missy Geha
FORWARDS(6): Melissa Henderson, Liz Bogus, Morgan Marlborough, Frances Silva, Stephanie Rose
GOALKEEPERS(3): Nicole Barnhart, Emma Stevens, Sara Keane
- Midfielder Lauren Holiday is excused from the opening of camp to help her husband, New Orleans Pelicans player Jrue Holiday, recover from knee surgery. She will report to camp in the near future.
- Goalkeeper Cecilia Santiago is nursing a knee injury with the Mexican National Team. She is expected to report to camp at a later date.
- This morning's session focused on speed of play with an emphasis on conditioning and adjusting players to the FC Kansas City style of play.
- Head Coach Vlatko Andonovski got his first look at the team in today's afternoon session, which focused on condition and agility of the players.
- Assistant Coach Huw Williams noted that in today's sessions he noticed a bit more of the player's personalities to surface. In particular he noted the leadership skills of Nikki Phillips (formerly Krzysik)
- The team will practice twice tomorrow, with both sessions closed to the public. Due to the expected weather, the team will practice indoors for the morning session. The afternoon training session will focus on fitness and strength with partner, SoccerFIT Academy.